Access to documents in Workfront is first defined by the system administrator through your Access Level.
For more information about what access each Access Level has and to what objects, see "Access Levels by License Type."
For more information about granting access to items in Workfront, including projects, see "Creating or Modifying Access Levels."
The access granted to documents in the Access Level works together with permissions to a specific document to give users their rights on a document.
For more information about permissions on documents, see "Understanding Document Permissions."
NOTE You cannot inherit access to projects from higher-ranking objects. For example, you can restrict a user from deleting projects in their Access Level, but this does not restrict them from deleting documents attached to projects, which are a lower-ranking object for portfolios and programs.
For more information about the hierarchy of objects, see the "Understanding the Interdependency and Hierarchy of Objects" section in "Understanding Objects."
All Access Levels can be granted access to documents.
To grant full access to documents:
- Navigate to the Setup area in your Global Navigation Bar.
- Click Access Levels.
- Click any Access Level to modify it.
- For the Documents object, click the gear icon next to Edit.
- Select from the following options:
- Share Documents Publicly
- Share System-wide
The last two options are deselected by default.
- (Optional) To restrict inherited permissions for documents from higher ranking objects, click Set additional restrictions ..., and select Never inherit document access from projects, tasks, issues, etc....
- Click Save Changes and assign the Access Level to a user.
For more information about assigning Access Levels to users, see "Editing User Accounts."
The following table displays document functionality available to users according to their License Type:
|Edit Document Details||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Attach Custom Form||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Edit Custom Fields||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Move to (object)||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Send To (integration)||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Upload new version||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Share Documents Publicly**||✓|
|Link (with integration)||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Unlink (with integration)||✓||✓||✓||✓|
** This action is shared by both Documents and Document Folders.
* This action is available only to Document Folders.