The Handoff Date is the date a task becomes available for work. Handoff Dates do not exist for issues and projects.
The Handoff Date is calculated only if the project status equates to the following statuses:
- On Hold.
Rules For Calculating the Handoff Date
- If the task has an incomplete predecessor: The Handoff Date for the task is null.
- If the task has a complete predecessor: The Handoff Date is the same as the Actual Completion Date of the task predecessor.
- If the task has no predecessor and:
- The Planned Start Date is in the past: The Handoff Date is the same as the Planned Start Date of the project.
- The Planned Start Date is in the future (any date after the current date): The Handoff Date is the same as the Planned Start Date of the project.
If the task has a strict constraint (Must Start On, Must Finish On, Start No Earlier Than, Start No Later Than, or Fixed Date): The Handoff Date is always the same as the date set by the constraint, regardless of any other condition.
** If you change the name, location, or URL of this article, also update this table: https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/217357397