You can create predecessor relationships in multiple ways in Workfront. One method is by chaining tasks.
For more information about predecessor tasks, see "Understanding Predecessors."
By chaining tasks, you can allow the system to create the predecessor relationships automatically on selected
To chain tasks:
- Go to the project that contains the tasks that you want to chain.
- Select the Tasks tab.
- Select the tasks that you want to chain, then do the following:
- Right click the selected tasks
Click the More menu at the top of the task list, then expand Chain.
- Select from the following dependency types:
- (Optional) Click Unchain if some of the tasks have been previously chained.
Your selected tasks are now linked by predecessor relationships.