You can create predecessor relationships in multiple ways in Workfront. One method is by chaining tasks.
For more information about predecessor tasks, see "Understanding Predecessors."
By chaining tasks, you can allow the system to create the predecessor relationships automatically on selected
Chaining tasks is temporarily disabled in the Preview environment.
As an alternative, you can define predecessor relationships manually. For information about defining predecessor relationships, see the "Creating Predecessor Relationships" section in "Understanding Predecessors."
To chain tasks:
- Navigate to a task list in a project.
- Select the tasks for which you want to define predecessor relationships.
- Right click on your selection, then expand Chain.
- Select from the following predecessor relationship types:
- (Optional) Click Unchain if some of the tasks have been previously chained.
Your selected tasks are now linked by predecessor relationships.
Add this when you publish: The highlighted information on this page refers to functionality not yet generally available. It is available only in the Preview Sandbox environment.
Take references to production out with the production release - 18.3
Add "to add tasks to the Production environment" reference back into the steps above.