Approval processes provide the flexibility to create multi-step approvals for projects, tasks, and issues. Approval processes are defined by Workfront administrators to provide consistency throughout the system.
From your My Work page, you can find and approve all pending approvals and review work that you have submitted for approval. By navigating to a project, you can review approvals associated with a specific project.
- Click My Work in the Global Navigation bar.
- Click the Approvals tab, then click Work I've Submitted for Approval. The Work I've Submitted for Approval option displays all the projects, tasks, issues, timesheets, documents, and access approvals with an active approval step where you are the individual who initiated the step.
- Click one of the available options to filter the list of items waiting your approval (by default, all items waiting your approval are displayed):
- Projects: Click Recall next to the work item if you want to recall the approval.
- Tasks: Click Recall next to the work item if you want to recall the approval.
- Issues: Click Recall next to the work item if you want to recall the approval.
- Timesheets: Click Recall next to the work item if you want to recall the approval.
- Documents: Click Recall next to the work item if you want to recall the approval.
All approvals (including proofing approvals) you have submitted for approval are displayed here.
Consider the following when viewing proofing approvals:
- Proofing approvals are displayed in the My Work area only if your Workfront environment is integrated with a ProofHQ Premium account. If you cannot use proofing as discussed here, contact your system administrator.
- Proof approvals are displayed only for active approvals (the approval process is currently Pending Approval).
- Proofing approvals are displayed only when the reviewer is a licensed workfront user. If the approver is not a user in Workfront, the approval is not displayed.
- Proofing approvals contain a green Proof banner at the bottom of the thumbnail image.
- The name of the user on whom the approval is pending is displayed next to the thumbnail image, with the following text:
"Pending approval from User A"
- Click Go to Proof to launch the proof in the proof viewer.
- Access: Select the level of access to grant in the Change access drop-down menu, then click Grant Access. Or, click Ignore.
- All: Displays all work items in a combined view.
- (Optional) Select any items that you submitted for approval, then click the Recall icon to return the status of an item back to its previous status.
The Updates tab displays all approval statuses when they occur. Approval statuses are displayed in line with other statuses displayed on the Updates tab in the object history.
The Approvals tab displays more detailed information about the approval process, such as each phase of the approval process and whether approvers have given their approval.
When an approval is initiated on a project, task, or issue, a status is displayed on the Updates tab in the object history, indicating the approval status. A new status is displayed any time the object transitions through the approval process. This includes the following events:
- An approval process is initiated on an object (The approval process is initiated when the status is changed)
- The object is rejected
- The object is approved
If an approval is applied to a task, the approval updates are shown on the Updates tab of the task, not on the Updates tab of the project where the task resides.
You can gain visibility into where a task or issue that you are working on currently is in the approval process. You can see the following information:
- The phase of the approval process
- Which approvers have already approved it
- Which approvers have not yet approved it
To see the current state of where a task or issue is in the approval process:
- Navigate to the project, task, or issue that the approval is associated with.
- Click the Approvals tab (this tab might be located on the More tab)
The Approvals tab displays the full information about all past approval paths and steps. You can see exactly who has made the approval if the approval was set for the team or job role.
For information on creating an Approval Process, see "Creating Approval Processes."