You can associate severities with issues in Workfront. Tasks and projects do not have severities.
Issues are unexpected events that can prevent your projects from finishing on time or within budget. You can use severities to define how serious an issue is.
As a system administrator, you can either customize the default severities existing in Workfront, or create new severities.
There are 5 default issuein Workfront:
- Causes Confusion
- Bug with workaround
- Bug with no workaround
- Fatal error
System administrators can customize the following information on the default severities provided in Workfront:
- Edit the severity name.
- Change the color associated with the severity.
NOTE The color of your severity is preserved in a chart report, if you group your results by Issue Severity. For more information on chart reports, see "Chart Reports."
- Change the default severity.
For more information about default severities, see "Creating New Issue Severities."
- Edit the description of the severities.
- Hide a severity.
For more information about hiding a severity, see "Creating New Issue Severities."
- Delete a severity. When you delete an existing severity, you must select a replacement one.
As a system administrator, you can create new issue severities to reflect the needs in your organization.
To create a new issue severity:
- Navigate to the Setup area in your Global Navigation Bar.
- Click Project Preferences.
- Click Severities.
- Click Add a New Severity.
- Fill in the following information for the new severity:
- Severity Name: Choose a name for your severity.
- Importance: When adding a new severity, a number is assigned to it by default. Edit this number, if it does not match your needs. The Importance number for each severity must be unique. The number of the severity reflects the seriousness of the issue: the highest number corresponds to the highest severity.
NOTE You cannot edit the Importance number, after you save the severity.
- Color: Choose a color for your severity.
NOTE The color of the severity is used in chart reports, when you group your results by Issue Severity. For more information on chart reports, see "Chart Reports."
- Default Severity: Decide whether this should be a default severity or not, by selecting the radio button.
If a severity is designated as the default severity, it is automatically selected for all issues in Workfront. Cosmetic is the default severity for issues in Workfront.
- Description: Add a description for your severity to explain its function.
- Hide: Select this box if you want to hide the severity.
When you check the Hide option, the severity does not display anywhere in Workfront and users are not able to choose it for their issues.
IMPORTANT We recommend that you hide the severities that you no longer want to use, rather than deleting them. By hiding them, you still keep all your historic data, of objects that have been completed with this severity, while preventing people from choosing this severity in the future.
For more information on how to use severities while working with issues, see "Understanding Issue Severity."
***DON'T DELETE, DRAFT OR HIDE THIS ARTICLE. IT IS LINKED TO THE PRODUCT, THROUGH THE CONTEXT SENSITIVE HELP LINKS. **
Linked to Understanding Issue Severity.