Workfront provides a number of fields for each object where you can collect information about those objects. In addition to these fields, as a
Custom Forms can be associated with:
- Projects (including Business Cases)
For more information about creating a custom form, see "Creating Custom Forms."
Custom Fields are added to Custom Forms to enhance the amount of information you can capture on Workfront objects. Custom Fields cannot exist independently from a Custom Form. They are the building blocks of a Custom Form.
You can add the following types of Custom Fields to a Custom Form in Workfront:
- Single Line Text Field
- Paragraph Text Field
- Radio Buttons
- Descriptive Text
- Section Break
- Navigate to the Setup area in your Global Navigation Bar.
- Click Custom Forms.
- The Forms tab displays, by default.
All the Custom Forms in your Workfront instance display in the Form List view by default.
The Form List view contains the following information about Custom Forms that exist in your system:
- Name of the Custom Form
- Type: Displays the object that can be associated with the Custom Form. Custom Forms are object specific.
- Created By: Displays the name of the user who created the Custom Form.
- Select the Fields tab.
All the Custom Fields in your Workfront instance display in the Field List view by default.
The Field List view contains the following information about Custom Fields that exist in your system:
- Name of the Custom Field
- Type: For a list of all Custom Field types, see "Understanding Custom Fields."
NOTE Custom Fields that are Section Breaks are not displayed in the Fields tab.
- Instructions: Displays special instructions or additional details about the Custom Field.
- Forms: Displays a list of the Custom Forms that contain the field.
- Select the Sections tab.
All the Custom Fields that are Section Breaks display in the Parameter Group List view by default.
The Parameter Group view contains the following information about Section Breaks Custom Fields:
- Name of Section Break
- Forms: Displays a list of Custom Forms that contain the Section Break.