**DON'T DELETE, DRAFT OR HIDE THIS ARTICLE. IT IS LINKED TO THE PRODUCT, THROUGH THE CONTEXT SENSITIVE HELP LINKS. **
You can configure the email address for emails sent from Workfront and identify the server to use for sending emails.
Configuring Email Messages Sent From Workfront
- Navigate to the Setup area in the Global Navigation Bar.
- Expand Email, then click Setup.
- In the Outgoing Mail section, in the Email from Workfront will appear to come from box, specify the email address users see when receiving email notifications from Workfront.
We recommend using Workfront@YOURCOMPANY.com and adding the address to your safe sender list.
- Select which server to use for sending emails and notifications from Workfront.
The following options are available:
Workfront Mail Server: (Default) Select this option to use the Workfront Mail Server for sending email from Workfront. When using this option, no further configuration is required.
My Mail Server: Select this option to force Workfront emails to relay off an internal, trusted server.
When using this option, specify the following information:
- User Name: Specify the user name of the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) account as specified by your email administrator.
- Password: Specify the password for the SMTP account.
NOTE: Workfront does not support 2-Step Verification for Gmail accounts.
- Outgoing SMTP server: Assign the outgoing SMTP server.
For example, smtp.nameofserver.com.
NOTE: Workfront does not support SMTP relay service.
- Port: The default SMTP is 25.
The default SMTP for secure (SSL) connections is 465.
The default SMTP for secure (TLS) connections is 587.
- Use SSL to connect: Select this option to connect over an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) secure connection. This establishes a secure connection between the Workfront application and your own configured mail server for outgoing email through the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
- Use TLS to connect: Select this option to connect over a TLS (Transport Layer Security) secure connection. This establishes a secure connection between the Workfront application and your own configured mail server for outgoing email through theTransport Layer Security (TLS) protocol.
- We recommend that you click Send Test Message to send a test email to determine if outgoing messages are configured properly for your system. The test email is sent to the system administrator.