Projects represent a large amount of work that needs to be done in Workfront.
As a system administrator, you can configure the default status for a new project in the Project Preferences area of your Setup. We recommend that the default status for a new project is Planning. As you are making changes to the new project, this ensures that notifications do not trigger to the users assigned to the project. For more information about setting up the default status for a new project, see the "Project Status" section in "Setting Project Preferences."
You can create ain Workfront by using one of the following methods:
- Copying an existing project.
For more information about copying project, see "Copying a Project."
- Using a template.
For more information about using a template to create a new project, see "Creating a Project Using a Template."
- Creating a project from scratch.
To create a new project from scratch:
- Navigate to the Projects area and click New Project.
- Enter a name for your project. Click Enter to save the name.
- Click Start Adding Tasks
New Task to add tasks to the project.
For more information about adding tasks to a project, see "Creating Tasks in a Project."
- Edit the project details, by clicking the Edit Project link in the project header.
The Edit Project dialog box opens.
For more information about editing project details, see "Editing Projects."
- (Optional) After configuring the project settings and add the tasks, you can change the status of the project to Current.
For more information about project statuses, see "Understanding Project Statuses."