If multiple exchange rates have been configured in Workfront, you can set financial values in reports to display in a currency other than the default currency.
Before you can view alternate currencies as described in this section, the system administrator must first enable and configure multiple currencies, as described in "Setting Up Exchange Rates."
For information about how to change the default currency for a given project, see "Changing the Default Currency for a Project."
If there are projects with a single currency in the report, the sums in groupings are also displayed in system default currency.
- Applying Financial Values to a Report
- Using the Default Currency with Multiple Reports
- Displaying the Default Currency on a Project
- Editing Reports with Unique Currencies
To convert financial values between currency when working with reports:
- Navigate to the report where you want to convert financial values to a different currency.
- Click the View drop-down list, click Change Currency, then select the currency that you want to use when viewing the financial values.
Using this option allows you to quickly convert financial values in a report between rate values.
If you create a report that brings financial information from two or more projects that have different currencies applied, by default the grouping summary reflects the the system's default currency as dictated by the system administrator.
If you create and run a report from two or more projects that have the same currency, but they differ from that of the system's default currency, then the sums in the groupings are displayed using the system default currency.
- Create a report that includes at least two projects with different currencies applied.
- Log hours on both projects.
- Create a Project report and filter it by those two projects to limit the results. For information on how to create a filter, see "Creating and Customizing Filters."
- Add an Actual Cost column and summarize it by SUM. For information on how to create a column, see "Creating and Customizing Views."
- Apply a Planned Completion Date grouping. For information on how to create a grouping, see "Creating and Customizing Groupings."
- Run the report.
The sum of the Actual Cost is displayed using the system default currency, regardless of the currency of the projects under that grouping.
If a grouping is applied on a task or hour list within a project, the sums in the grouping are displayed in the project's currency.
- Navigate to a project that includes task expenses and hours.
- Create a new view that summarizes the project's Actual Cost.
- Create a new grouping that includes the Actual Completion date.
The grouping displays the project's currency.
The financial fields in a report are not editable until you change the report setting to show Project's original currency.
To in-line edit a financial fields in a report:
- Navigate to a report.
- Click Report Actions.
- Click Edit.
- Click Report Settings.
- Select Project's Original Currency from the Default Currency drop-down.
- Click Done.