Using the Start No Later Than Task Constraint
Must Finish On (MFO) is a type of Task Constraint that schedules a task to end on a specified date.
To update the Task Constraint to Must Finish On:
- Navigate to a task whose Task Constraint you want to update.
- Click Edit Task.
- In the Overview section, expand the Task Constraint drop-down menu.
- Select Must Finish On.
- Specify a Planned Completion Date.
The task must complete by this date, and no later than this date.
- Click Save Changes.
Understanding the Must Finish On Task Constraint
The Must Finish On (MFO) Task Constraint schedules a task to finish exactly at the time and date you specify in the Planned Completion Date field.
Consider the following when scheduling a task with a Must Finish On constraint:
- Predecessor relationships does not force the task to be rescheduled. The predecessor relationship is essentially ignored.
- The task will show as At Risk if predecessor(s) begin to run behind or late.