When you create a task from the Working On tab, you can either add it to an existing project, or you can create it outside of formally organized projects and either add it to your My Work area, or to another user's My Work area. (When adding to another user's My Work area, the task is available on the 'Work Requests' tab.)
- Click My Work in the Global Navigation Bar, then click the Working On tab.
- Click New Task.
- Specify a name for the task.
- (Optional) Click the Calendar icon, then select the date when the task is due.
- (Optional) Create the task or issue in a specific project:
When you associate an ad hoc work item with a project, the item is treated like other tasks or issues on the project and has the ability to impact the project timeline. It is not treated like a personal item.
- Click the Project icon.
- In the Add to project field, begin typing the name of the project where you want to create the task or issue, then click it when it appears in the drop-down list.
If you do not designate a project for the task, the task is created in your My Work area.
- To create an issue, click the add as task drop-down list, then click Issue.
- (Optional) Click the Assign icon, begin typing the name of the user, group, or role who you want to assign the task to, then click the name when it appears in the drop-down list.
- Click Add to save the task.
Depending on the project and assignees that you designated, one of the following occurs:
- If you created the task in a project and you do not designate an assignee, the task is left unassigned in that project.
- If you do not designate a project or an assignee, the task is assigned to you and is available in your My Work area.
By keeping your Working On list current, other people have a more realistic view of your workload and availability.
- If you did not designate a project for the task and you designated an assignee other than yourself, the task is created on the 'Work Requests' tab in the My Work area of the assignee that you designated.