When a task in a project requires a larger amount of effort to complete, you can convert it to a project.
To convert a task, you must have the following access and permissions:
- Access to create projects
- Permissions to Manage the task
Be aware of the following when converting a task to a project:
- The original task is deleted.
- Task approvals are deleted.
- All sub-tasks, issues and notes roll up to the new project.
- Documents, document versions, and proofs are moved to the new project.
- Status and percent complete of all sub-tasks and issues are preserved.
- Shared users of the task become shared users on the project.
- The project start date is set to the start date of the task.
- If the task status is 'New' the project status is set to 'Planning.'
- If the task status is 'In Progress' the project status is set to 'Current.'
- If the task status is 'Complete' the project status is set to 'Complete.'
To convert a task to a project:
- Locate the task you want to convert to a project and click on the task name to open the task.
- Click Task Actions.
- Choose either the following options:
- New Project
- New from Template
- Name: Name your project (the default name is the name of the task)
- (Optional) Description: Describe the purpose for this project.
- (Optional) Add Custom Forms to the new project.