The highlighted information on this page refers to functionality not yet generally available. It is available only in the Preview Sandbox environment.
A user with the following access and permissions can copy tasks to another project or within the same project:
- Access to create tasks
- Permissions to manage the project
To copy tasks:
- Navigate to the project that contains the task or tasks that you want to copy.
- On the Tasks tab, click the Task List sub-tab.
- Select the tasks that you want to copy.
- Click the More drop-down menu and then click Copy to.
- Type the name of the Project where you want to copy the tasks.
- (Optional) Click Next Step to clear any of the following options from the task:
- Approval Process
- All Predecessors
- Financial information
This includes versions and linked documents.
This does not include proofs or document approvals. Proofs and document approvals can never be copied when a task is copied.
- Reminder Notifications
- Custom Data
This will remove the information from the custom form on the task, as well as the information on the custom forms associated with Expenses and Documents attached to the task, if those are also copied with the task. The custom forms will remain attached to the tasks, expenses, and documents, but the information on the forms will not carry over to the new task.
- (Optional) Click Next Step to select a parent task for the tasks that you are copying.
If you do not select a parent task, the tasks are copied as main tasks rather than subtasks and they are placed at the end of the task list on the specified project.
- Click Finish and Copy Tasks.
The copied tasks now reside on the specified project and are either subtasks to a parent task, or the last tasks on the project.