Making updates on work allows you to keep track of progress for projects, tasks, and issues.
You can make updates to work within a project or from the My Work area. Regardless of where an update is made, the information ties back to the project.
The update stream is displayed on projects, tasks, and issues, and display the following types of information:
- User updates: User updates are comments that are entered in by you and other users in your system.
User updates made on tasks and issues are also displayed on the parent project. However, user updates made on documents within a project are not displayed on the project.
- System updates: System updates include removing assets, adding or deleting versions, attaching or removing an approval request, as well as any edits or changes made to the documents on the object.
To see only user updates in the update stream on an object, click Filter System Updates to hide the system updates.
System administrators can determine what is tracked in system updates, as described in "System-Tracked Update Feeds."
NOTE Comments added to system updates do not roll up to the parent object.
Only direct comments on the child object and comments added to existing comments roll up to the parent objects.
The most recent 200 updates are available on the update stream.
The updates stream of users and teams shows only the updates from the past 90 days.
To make an update on a work item:
- Navigate to the work item for which you want to provide an update (such as a project, or
- Click the Updates tab.
- Click Update Status.
In the Update Status area, a comment bar appears. The comment that you enter here is connected to the work item.
- Specify the following information:
Comment: For information about comments, see "Making Comments."
Condition: For information about Condition, see "Setting the Condition on a Task."
Status: For information about Status, see "Updating Task Status."
Keep in mind that updating the status of a work item does not automatically change the status of a project. Depending on your project is set up, you might need to make updates to the project status separately. For more information on the various project update types, see "Project Update Type."
Commit Date: For information about Commit Date, see "Commit Dates."
Including Others: For information about how to include others on an update, see "Including Others on Updates."
Make this private to my company: Clicking the lock icon turns it into a closed lock. Only people from the same company as yours are able to see this comment.
- Click Update to submit the comment to Workfront.
- (Optional) Click Filter System Updates to see only user comments and updates and to hide the system updates.
System updates include removing assets, adding or deleting versions, attaching or removing an approval request, as well as any edits or changes made to the documents on the object.
You can filter out system updates and display only user updates in the update stream. For more information about the difference between user and system updates, see "Understanding the Update Stream."
To filter system updates:
- Navigate to the object where you want to filter system updates from the update stream.
- Click Filter System Updates.