The Condition of a work item is a flag placed on it to indicate the current development of the task or the issue. This is different than the Status of the work item, which indicates the current stage of the development of the item.
You can set the condition of a task or an issue either automatically or manually. Setting the Condition for a task identical to setting the Condition for an issue.
IMPORTANT You can change the condition of a task or an issue only if you are assigned to them.
- Automatically Setting the Condition of a Task by Updating the Task Status
- Manually Setting the Condition of a Task
When you are assigned a task and click Work On It, the condition of the task automatically changes to Going Smoothly.
For information about changing the task status, see "Updating Task Status."
- Navigate to a task for which you want to set the Condition.
You must assigned to the task in order to set the Condition of the task.
- On the Updates tab, click in the Update Status field.
- (Conditional) If no condition has been set for the task, click How's this going?
If you have already committed to working on the task, click the current Condition.
Select a condition that best reflects the current condition of the task.
Select from the following options:
- Going Smoothly
- Some Concerns
- Major Roadblocks
- (Optional) Include an update message explaining your reason for changing the condition.
You can format your message by selecting the desired formatting attribute on the mini toolbar, and then entering the text. For more information, see "Making Comments."
- Click Update.
For information about the additional functionality that is available when updating a work item, see "Updating Work Items."