You can update a task's status to inform others about where the task is (and the overall project) and how it is progressing.
The default statuses are New, In Progress, and Complete. Your system administrator can add custom statuses for your organization. For more information, see "Creating and Customizing Statuses in Workfront."
When you are updating a task status, you can also type an explanation about the new status and change other task information such as the due date.
- Click a task that you are assigned to for which you want to update the status.
- In the Status drop-down list, click the new status.
- (Optional) To update the due date for the task, click the date under Due on, then select the new due date.
(Optional) Do any of the following to provide additional information about the update, then click Update or, if the task has the Complete status, click Done:
To add a note about the update, click Start a new update, then type your note.
- To notify certain users about the update, type their names in the Notify box that appears when you type a note about the update.
- To update the condition of the task, click Select Condition to the right of the Notify box (these appear when you type a note about the update), then select the condition that best reflects the current condition of the task.
- To provide a visual indication of task completion, drag the right edge of the orange area in the progress bar.