The highlighted information on this page refers to functionality not yet generally available. It is available only in the Preview Sandbox environment.
You can either remove a proof from Workfront, or archive it.
Removing or archiving a proof on a document does not free up a proof license for your organization. To prevent proofs from generating on unwanted documents, cancel them when you upload the document. For more information about canceling proofs, see "Canceling Proofs."
NOTE The ability to remove a proof as described in this section is being removed from Workfront with the 18.1 release.
To remove a proof from a document in Workfront:
- Delete the document, as described in "Deleting Documents."
When you delete a document, the proof associated with the document is also deleted.
- Re-add the document to Workfront, using any of the methods described in "Adding Documents to Workfront." Ensure that you do not include the proof when adding the document.
After a proof is removed, all data associated with the proof is deleted from the Workfront system and cannot be recovered.
- Navigate to the document that contains the proof that you want to remove.
- Select the document for which you want to remove the proof, then click Remove Proof.
- Confirm removal of the proof.
A proof is automatically archived when it is not opened for 60 consecutive days.
To access an archived proof:
- Navigate to the document that contains the archived proof that you want to access.
After a proof has been archived, the document in Workfront still indicates that a proof exists, the same way as it did prior to the proof being archived (a check mark is displayed next to the 'Proof' link).
- Click Proof.
A page is displayed, explaining that the proof has been archived.
- Click Unarchive to unarchive the proof.
- Refresh the browser, then click Proof again.
The proof is displayed.