The information on this page refers to functionality not yet generally available. (It is available only in the Preview Sandbox or Early Access environments.)
Workfront enables you to quickly and easily send messages that are unrelated to any work item directly to other Workfront users. Messages sent as described in this section appear in the Updates tab on the user's home page and are visible to all users.
The user who you are sending the message to receives the following types of notifications when you send a message as described in this section:
- An in-app notification, as described in "Using In-App Notifications"
- An email notification (if the system administrator or user is subscribed to receive them, as described in"Configuring Email Notifications").
To send a message that is unrelated to any work item to another user:
- Navigate to the home page of the user who you want to send a message to.
You can do either of the following to navigate to a user's home page.
- Click the linked name of the user as it appears anywhere in the Workfront interface. User names are displayed in many areas of the Workfront interface, such as in a comment made by the user.
- In the Global Navigation Bar, click People, then click the People tab to view a complete list of users.
- On the Updates tab, click in the provided field.
- Specify your message.
- (Optional) Click the Include others on this update icon, then begin typing the name of another user who you want to include in this message.
- (Optional) Click the Make private icon to make this message visible only to other users in your company.
- Click Update.
The message is posted at the top of the list of messages on the Updates tab on the user's home page.