NOTE: You can set up access and subscription settings for a proof only if your Workfront environment is integrated with a Workfront Proof Premium account. If you cannot use proofing as discussed in this section, contact your system administrator.
You can configure certain access and subscription settings for individual proofs, such as whether to require users to log in and whether to allow users to subscribe to the proof.
You can set up access and subscription settings for a proof while you are creating it, or you can set them up for a proof that already exists in Workfront.
- (Conditional) To set up access and subscription settings for a proof while you are creating it:
- Begin the process for generating a proof on a document or website, as described in "Generating a Proof on a New Document or Website" in "Creating a New Proof."
- On the New Proof page, select the documents or websites for which you want to set up access and subscription settings.
- In the lower-right corner of the Add Documents dialog box, in the Proofing section, click Advanced proofing options.
The Proofing section is expanded.
- Click More settings, then continue with Step 3.
- (Conditional) To set up access and subscription settings for a proof that already exists in Workfront:
- If a proof has not already been generated for the document in workfront, you must first generate it, as described in "Generating a Proof on an Existing Document" in "Creating a Proof."
- Select the document that contains the proof that you want to add users to.
- In the Details tab, locate the Proofing section.
- Click Details.
The Proofing Details dialog box is displayed.
- Expand Settings, then continue with Step 3.
- Select from the following options:
Lock the proof when all decisions are made: When this setting is enabled, the proof state is locked after all decisions have been made. The state is automatically changed from unlocked to locked when the final approver makes their decision.
This option is disabled by default.
Login required: When this option is selected, only Workfront Proof users are able to view the proof.
This option is disabled by default; any person with the URL is able to view the proof.
When this option is selected:
-Users cannot sign in to the proof unless they have been added to the proof.
-Subscriptions cannot be enabled.
Only one decision required: When this option is selected, the review is completed after one of the decision makers makes their decision.
This option is disabled by default.
Electronic signatures: Users are required to specify their user name and password at the time that they make a decision on a proof.
Primary decision maker: Select the Primary decision maker on the stage. Decision makers are available in the drop-down list only after you add reviewers to the stage.
If you pick a Primary decision maker, only one decision required option will be available on this stage.
Download of original file: When this option is selected, reviewers are able to download the original file from which the proof was created.
When this option is deselected, the Download icon is no longer visible.
This option is enabled by default.
Public sharing: When this option is selected, the proof can be shared via a public URL or embed code.
Subscription: When this option is selected, people who have not been added explicitly to the proof can subscribe to the proof. The person subscribing to the proof is granted the role and email that you define in the following settings:
-Subscriber validation required: Subscriber must click a link in an email to access a proof.
When this option is selected, any person subscribing to the proof is not given immediate access to the proof; instead, the person receives a link to the proof in an email. The purpose of subscriber validation is to ensure that the person has entered a correct email address to which they have access.
-Default role for new subscribers: The default proof role that is assigned to all reviewers that subscribe to the proof.
-Default email alert for new subscribers: The default email alert that is assigned to all reviewers that subscribe to the proof.
- Continue with "Adding an Automated Workflow to a Proof" or "Sharing a Proof."
Click Add Items or Done, depending on whether you are adding users to the proof while creating it, or you are adding users to the proof for a document that already exists in Workfront.
You receive an email notification about any activity that was made on the proof, such as comments or approval decisions.
After the proof is generated, click Proof to launch the proofing tool.
The document appears in the proofing tool.
Users who do not have proofing enabled on their account are still able to view the document and make comments or changes to the proof.