This section describes how to create users by importing them into the Workfront site.
You can import users to the Workfront site by synchronizing users from network directory service (such as Active Directory or other LDAP directory), or you can import users using an import file.
For information about how to synchronize users to your Workfront site via LDAP, see "Single Sing-On in Workfront."
- Navigate to the 'People' area.
- Click the 'People' tab.
- Click the 'New Person' drop-down arrow, then click 'Import People.'
The Import People dialog box is displayed.
- Download the sample file, then update the sample file to include your own user's personal information.
Each row should include a First Name, Last Name, Unique Email Address, and Access Level.
Email addresses must be unique. Before building the list of users you wish to import, verify the user has not already been created in your account of Workfront.
Ensure that no extra spaces exist before or after a user's email address.
- Save the file to a location on your workstation.
- Click 'Choose File' in the 'Import People' dialog box.
- Navigate to and select the file that you saved, then verify that the information is accurate.
- (Optional) Select the 'Send an invite email to this person' option to send an email invitation to the user, notifying them that a Workfront account has been created and prompting them to set their password.
Deselect this option if you want to set the password for the user.
- Click 'Import.'
You receive a confirmation message at the top of the screen that the user was successfully imported.
Before you create a new user, first ensure that you have created all objects that you want to associate with the user.
For example, if you have not created a schedule, you cannot assign a schedule to the new user, and the field you use to associate a schedule with the new user does not appear in the New User screen.