You can import users to the Workfront site by synchronizing users from network directory service (such as Active Directory or another LDAP directory), or you can import users using an import file.
Before you create a new user, first ensure that you have created all objects that you want to associate with the user. For example, if you have not created a schedule, you cannot assign a schedule to the new user, and the field you use to associate a schedule with the new user does not appear in the New User screen.
For information about how to synchronize users to your Workfront site via LDAP, see "Single Sign-On in Workfront."
- Navigate to the People area.
- Click the People tab.
- Click the New Person drop-down arrow, then click Import People.
The Import People dialog box is displayed.
- Download the sample file, then update the sample file to include your own user's personal information.
Each row includes the following fields:
Email addresses must be unique. Before building the list of users you wish to import, verify the user has not already been created in your account of Workfront.
SSO Login ID
This field is included only if SSO is enabled in your system. You must add the Federation ID in this field for each user. When you create a user from the People tab, you can set up a password for the user if you want to allow users to log in without SSO. However, the import feature does not allow you to leave the SSO LOGIN ID blank.
Ensure that no extra spaces exist before or after a user's email address.
- Save the file to a location on your workstation.
- Click Choose File in the Import People dialog box.
- Navigate to and select the file that you saved, then verify that the information is accurate.
- (Optional) Select the Send an invite email to this person option to send an email invitation to the user, notifying them that a Workfront account has been created and prompting them to set their password.
Deselect this option if you want to set the password for the user.
- Click Import.
You receive a confirmation message at the top of the screen that the user was successfully imported.