Your system administrator can grant you access to view or edit portfolios when they assign your access level. You must have a Plan license to have access to Edit portfolios.
For more information about granting access to portfolios, see "Understanding Portfolio Access."
Portfolio access controls both access toand .
Along with the access level that you are granted, you can also receive permissions to View or Manage specific Portfolios or Programs from users who can share them with you.
NOTE Permission levels work within Access levels. For example, you cannot receive permissions to Manage a portfolio, if your access level only allows you to View portfolios.
Permissions are specific to one item in Workfront and define what actions one can take on that item.
The creator of a Portfolio or a Program has Manage permissions to them, by default.
Consider the following when sharing a Portfolio or Program:
- Sharing a Portfolio is identical to sharing a Program.
- You can share Portfolios individually, or you can share several of them at a time.
For more information about sharing items in Workfront, see "Sharing Permissions on Objects.
- You can only grant View or Manage permissions on Portfolios and Programs.
- When you share a Portfolio or a Program, users inherit the same permissions to all the children objects associated with the Portfolio or Program, by default.
For more information about the hierarchy of objects in Workfront, see "Understanding Objects."
- You can remove inherited permissions from the Portfolio and the Program.
For more information about removing permissions from objects, see "Sharing Permissions on Objects."
The following table displays what permissions you can grant users when allowing them to View or Manage a Portfolio or a Program:
|Edit Program/Portfolio Details||✓|
|View Portfolio/ Program||✓||✓|
|Attach Custom Form||✓|
|Edit Custom Fields||✓|
|Add Document Folders*||✓||✓|
* These permissions are controlled by the Access Level and permissions on other objects, like Projects.
Linked here: https://workfront.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/217182017