- Understanding Access in Workfront
- Understanding Access to Templates in Workfront
- Understanding Access to Templates by License Type
For more information about the access model in Workfront, see "Understanding the Workfront Access Model."
Access to templates in Workfront is first defined by the system administrator through your Access Level.
For more information about what access each Access Level has and to what objects, see "Access Levels by License Type."
For more information about granting access to items in Workfront, including templates, see "Creating or Modifying Access Levels."
The access granted to templates in the Access Level works together with permissions to a specific template to give users their rights on a template.
If someone else created a template, they must share it with a user before that user can view it or use it to create a project, even when the user has full access to templates in their Access Level.
For more information about permissions on templates, see "Understanding Template Permissions."
You cannot grant all Licenses access to templates. Only users with a Plan license can have full access to templates.
To grant full access to templates:
- Navigate to the Setup area in your Global Navigation Bar.
- Click Access Levels.
- Click Planner.
- For the Templates object, click the gear icon next to Edit.
- Select from the following options:
- Share System-wide
- Click Save Changes and assign the access level to a user.
For more information about assigning Access Levels to users, see "Editing User Accounts."
Users with access to templates can create templates and delete or share them with other users.
|Edit Template Details||✓|