You can prioritize your projects in the Portfolio Optimizer, to establish the order in which they should be completed. The projects at the top of the Portfolio Optimizer are considered more important than the ones listed towards the bottom. You will need to complete the projects in order of their priority in the Portfolio Optimizer for the Portfolio to be optimized.
The priority of projects in the Portfolio Optimizer is unrelated to the Priority field located on the Project Details tab of a project or to the priority of a project inside the Capacity Planner.
The Priority field on the Project Details tab is a visual flag that you manually specify to understand how important a project should be. In the Capacity Planner, projects receive available resources in order of their listing.
For more information about prioritizing projects in the Capacity Planner, see the "Prioritizing Projects in the Capacity Planner" section in "Working in the Capacity Planner."
The Project Prioritization area of the Portfolio Optimizer displays projects in the order of Planned Start Dates and Net Value, by default.
To change the order in which projects display in the Portfolio Optimizer:
- Navigate to the Projects area in your Global Navigation Bar.
- Select the Portfolios tab.
- Click the name of a portfolio to select it.
- Select the Portfolio Optimization tab.
- In the Project Prioritization section, alter the priority of your projects by clicking the gray area next to the number of the project and dragging it to the desired display position.
It is possible to reference the priority from the Capacity Planner, and re-arrange the projects in the Portfolio Optimizer to match the order in which they are displayed in Capacity Planner.
- Click the Set Priority button in the Optimizer tools area when you finish re-arranging your projects. The projects will receive a new number based on the new order.
- Click Save to save the new project priority in the Portfolio Optimizer.
You can see the priority of the project as it appears in the Portfolio Optimizer in the Capacity Planner, by adding the Priority field to the Projects area of the Capacity Planner.For more information about prioritizing projects in the Capacity Planner, see the "Prioritizing Projects in the Capacity Planner" section in "Working in the Capacity Planner."
***This is linked elsewhere - don't change/ delete.