You can designate the manager of a project by specifying a Project Owner on a project or a template.
You can only define one Project Owner for a project.
The following are possible using the Project Owner field:
- Project Owners can be designated as the hours approver for the project.
- Project Owners can be designated as a generic option when defining project, task, or issue approvals processes.
- You can enable certain notifications that are delivered only to the Project Owner.
For more information about email notifications, see "Configuring Email Notifications."
- The Project owner field is reportable.
For example, a filter looking for projects owned by the logged in user is defined by the following text mode: ownerID=$$USER.ID
You can also display the Project Owner field in a view, and a grouping.
For more information about creating reports, see "Creating a Report."
To change the Project Owner of a project
- Navigate to the Projects area in the Global Navigation Bar.
- Click on the Project you want to change to owner of.
- Click the Project Details tab, then click Edit Overview.
- Specify the name of a user for the Project Owner field.
Only active users can be specified as Project Owners.
- Click Save.