Smart Assignments are a list of recommended users that would be the best fit to be assigned to tasks and issues.
Smart Assignments are displayed on tasks and issues when the following conditions are met:
- There is a team or job role currently assigned to the task or issue.
- The task or issue is subordinate to a parent task or issue that has a user, team, or job role currently assigned.
NOTE Smart Assignments do not take into account the availability of the user.
Users are recommended in the Smart Assignments drop-down list based on a combination of the following characteristics (listed in order from most important to least important):
- The user is a member of the team that is assigned to the task or issue
- The user is also assigned to the parent task
- The user has the same primary job role as is currently assigned to the task or issue
- The user is a member of the team that is assigned to the parent task or issue
- The user is associated with the same primary job role currently assigned to the parent task
- The user is a member of the same team as the user who assigned the task or issue
- The user is a member of the same Home Group as the user who is assigning the task or issue
- The user has the same primary job role as the user who is assigning the task or issue.
Smart Assignments display the top twenty recommendations based on a proprietary algorithm that uses your own team information.
The person listed first is the most recommended person for the task, the second person listed is the second most recommended, and so forth.
Smart Assignments are available in most locations where you can make assignments in Workfront.
You can use smart assignments on tasks and issues that have previously been assigned to a job role or a team.
NOTE You must have a Plan or a Work license and have at least Contribute permissions to a task or an issue to be able to make assignments to the task or the issue.
To use Smart Assignments:
- Navigate to an issue or a task and choose one of the following fields:
- The Edit Assignment or Reassign this to ... field of a task or an issue
- The Assignments field of a task or issue list using in-line editing in a task or issue list.
- The Assignee field after you have clicked Advanced Assignments from a task or an issue.
- Place your cursor in the assignment field, and wait for two second, then the Here are a few recommendations list is displayed.
Users displayed in this list are the Smart Assignment suggestions for the task or the issue
- Select the user in the recommendations list by clicking their name.
If there are no recommendations, the No Recommendations message is displayed.
- (Optional) If you do not want to use one of the recommended users from the Smart Assignments list, start typing the name of the desired user and select the name when it appears in the list.
- Click Enter to make the assignment.