You can navigate to your Working On tab from the My Work area of Workfront.
You can see the My Work area of Workfront if you have any of the following access levels:
Requestors cannot see this area, because they are not assigned work.
Reviewers see the My Updates area instead of the My Work area. For more information about My Updates, see "Understanding the My Updates Area."
- Click My Work in the Global Navigation Bar.
Working On is the default tab, in the right corner of the page.
The Working On tab is your personal work list. This tab shows tasks and issues you are in the process of completing.
After accepting a work item by clicking on it from the Work Requests tab, that item moves to your Working On tab. For more information on the Work Requests tab, see "Work and Team Requests."
You can also automatically add items to your Working On tab.
To automatically add tasks and issues that you assign to yourself to your Working On list:
- Click your avatar in the upper-right corner of any Workfront page.
- Click My Settings.
- In the Preferences section, select Send work I assign to myself to my Working On tab.
- Click Save changes.
Any time you make yourself the assignee of any issue or task anywhere in the system, the issue or task is added to your Working On list. This bypasses the Work Requests list.
There are several things you can do from the Working On tab:
- View your currently active work items and some details about them. The details displayed in the Working On items can be customized by your system administrator, through the use of layout templates. For more information on how to customize your Working On tab through a layout template, see "Creating and Managing Layout Templates" and "Changing the My Work and Work Requests Areas with Layout Templates."
- Understand the priority and type of your work items. For more information on understanding the priority and type of your work items, see the "Viewing Item Type Priority" section of "Organizing Work on the My Work Page."
- Organize your list of work items, by using either the Sort or Grouping functionality. For more information on organizing work items on the Working On list, see the "Sorting Items That You Are Working On" and the "Grouping Items That You Are Working On" sections in "Organizing Work on the My Work Page."
- Search for an item by using the Filter functionality. For more information on filtering work items on the Working On list, see the "Filtering Work Items" section in "Organizing Work on the My Work Page."
- Update the status of a work item by using the Update Status link. For more information on updating the status of a work item, see "Updating Work."
- Log time for a work item by clicking the Log Time link. For more information on logging time for work items, see the "My Work Page" section in "Recording Time."
- Add ad hoc tasks that are not part of a bigger project by using the New Task button. For more information on ad hoc tasks, see "Creating Ad Hoc Work Items."
- Mark your tasks and issues complete. You can do this by using either of the following options:
- Click Done on the work item.
- Click Update Status and change the status of the item to a Complete or Closed status.
- Remove items from your Working On list. For more information on removing items from the Working On list, see "Removing Requests from the Working On List."