When providing updates on a Workfront object, all users on the project team can see the information submitted. However, there may be times when users who are not on the project would benefit from viewing this information. Rather than include the users on the project team, you can tag them in an update to share the update with them.
For information about providing updates on Workfront objects, see "Making Comments."
To receive notifications, users you tag must have the following:
- The proper email notifications enabled by the system administrator. For details on how to configure notifications, see "Enabling and Disabling Event Notifications."
- The necessary notifications enable on their user profiles. For details on how to enable notifications, see "Configuring Email Notifications."
To tag others in an update:
- Begin updating a work item, as described in "Updating Work."
- In the Notify field, begin typing the name of the user or team you want to include, then click the name when it appears in the drop-down list.
Type the @ symbol in the Type an Update area, begin typing the name of the user or team you want to include on the update, then click the name when it appears in the drop-down list.
NOTE If the user's name contains a special character, you must include the special character in the search field.
The first name of the user displays in the update.
- To add multiple users and teams, repeat step 2.
The users and team members you add receive an in-app notification about the update and might receive an email if their email notifications have been configured properly. For more information, see "Configuring Email Notifications."
- Click Update.
Users included in the update are automatically granted View permission to the object and can view and respond to comments made to the object.
For information about the additional functionality that is available when providing an update about a work item, see "Updating Work."This replaces this: https://workfront.zendesk.com/knowledge/articles/217204087/en-us?brand_id=662728&return_to=%2Fhc%2Fen-us%2Farticles%2F217204087