NOTE The information on this page refers to the locally installed, Microsoft Office Outlook application. We are in the process of deprecating this functionality, and we recommend that you use the Outlook 365 Add-In instead. For information about how to use the Workfront Add-In for Outlook 365, see "Using Workfront with Outlook 365."
You can add tasks and issues to Workfront projects, directly from the Outlook client.
- In the Outlook left-hand navigation, expand Workfront.
- Click Working On.
- Click the Plus icon in the upper-right corner of the page.
Drag an email from another location in Outlook and drop it into the Working On area.
- Specify a name for the task or issue in the Task Name field.
If you dragged an email to create this task or issue, this field is already populated with the email subject.
- Click the Add to project icon.
- Begin typing the name of the project where you want to add the task or issue, then click the name when it appears in the drop-down list.
- (Optional) To create an issue instead of a task, select Issue in the Add As A drop-down list.
- (Optional) Click the Calendar icon to specify a date when the task or issue will be complete.
- (Optional) To assign the task or issue to a specific user, group, or role, click the Assign to icon, begin typing the name of the user, group, or role, then click it when it appears in the drop-down list.
- Click Add.