You can configure Workfront to allow access only from designated IP addresses. Configuring Workfront in this way provides an additional layer of security for the Workfront application.
When someone attempts to access Workfront from an IP address that is not on the whitelist, Workfront cannot be reached.
- Understanding How the Firewall Whitelist Differs from the Workfront Whitelist
- Adding IP Addresses to the Whitelist
Configuring a Workfront whitelist is not the same as adding Workfront IP addresses to your corporate firewall whitelist.
For more information about adding Workfront IP addresses to your corporate firewall whitelist, see "Configuring Your Firewall."
After you add IP addresses to the Workfront whitelist, only those IP addresses can be used to access Workfront.
Users who attempt to access Workfront from an IP address that is not on the whitelist are not able to log in. They receive an error message indicating that they are attempting to access Workfront from an IP address that has been blocked by the system administrator.
To add IP addresses to the Workfront whitelist:
- Click Setup in the Global Navigation Bar.
- Expand System, then click Customer Info.
- In the IP Whitelist section, select Enable IP whitelist.
This option is disabled by default.
- Specify the IP address that you are currently using to access the Workfront system.
Specify a range of IP addresses that includes the IP address that you are currently using to access the Workfront system.
The IP address that you are currently using to access Workfront must be added to the whitelist or the whitelist cannot be enabled.
- Click Add IP Range, then specify the IP address or range of IP addresses that you want to be able to access Workfront.
Repeat this step to add addition IP addresses or IP ranges. You can add up to 15 IP address or IP ranges.
- Click Save.