- Understanding Reminder Notifications
- Customizing the Reminder Email
- Creating a Reminder Notification
- Receiving a Reminder Notification
** This info is duplicated in the Understanding Workfront Notifications article**
As a user, you can manually associate reminder notifications to work items, such as projects, tasks, issues, and timesheets.
Users must have a Plan license and administrative access to Reminder Notifications. For more information about giving a Plan user administrative access, see "Administrative Access."
You can customize the reminder notification with a custom email that includes a custom email subject and body. The email body can contain custom HTML.
Or, you can use the default email included with the reminder notification. The default email uses the reminder notification name as the email subject and the object name in the email body, including the event that triggered the notification.
If you want to customize the reminder email, you need to create an email template and attach it to the reminder notification.
For information about how to create an email template, see "Configuring Email Templates."
- Click Setup in the Global Navigation Bar.
- Expand Email, then click Notifications.
- Click the Reminder Notifications tab, then click New Reminder Notification.
- Click the object type to associate with the reminder notification. Reminder notifications can be associated with issues, projects, tasks, and timesheets.
For example, if you want to attach a reminder notification to a timesheet, click Timesheet. This creates a reminder notification that can be associated with the Timesheet object type.
The New Reminder Notification dialog box is displayed.
- Specify the following information:
Reminder Notification: Specify a name for the reminder notification.
Qualifying Period: Specify the number of hours, days, weeks, or months before or after the date you select in the Timing drop-down list.
NOTE Reminder notifications are scheduled to be sent within 24 hours from the date specified, only after all other criteria are met. Reminder notifications trigger every night at midnight, US Mountain Time. All the objects that qualify for a reminder notification from that day, trigger a notification to the designated users shortly after that time.
Timing: Select the event that triggers the reminder notification to be scheduled.
If the reminder notification is intended for projects, tasks, or issues, the available options are related to the Completion Date or Start Date. The reminder notification takes into account the time stamp on the Completion and Start Dates of projects, tasks and issues.
If the reminder notification is intended for timesheets, the available options are related to the End Date, Start Date, or Last Update Date. The reminder notification for timesheets takes into account the time stamp of the timesheet End, Start and Last Update Date. The timesheet starts at midnight on the day of the Start Date (12:00 AM) and ends right before midnight on the End Date (11:59 PM).
Criteria: Select the criteria to qualify the reminder notification to be scheduled. Reminder notifications are not scheduled unless the criteria that you select is met.
The following criteria options are available, depending on the object type that you selected in Step 4:
- Incomplete in Current Projects: (Available for task and issue reminders) The reminder notification is scheduled to be sent only when the object status that the reminder notification is associated with is not Complete and the project status is Current.
- All in Current Projects: (Available for task and issue reminders) The reminder notification is scheduled to be sent regardless of the object status and only when the project status that the reminder notification is associated with is Current.
- Incomplete Projects: (Available for project reminders) The reminder notification is scheduled to be sent when the project status is anything but Complete.
- Complete Projects: (Available for project reminders) The reminder notification is scheduled to be sent when the project status is Complete.
- Open Timesheets: (Available for timesheet reminders) The reminder notification is scheduled to be sent when the timesheet status is Open.
- Submitted Timesheets: (Available for timesheet reminders) The reminder notification is scheduled to be sent when the timesheet status is Submitted.
- Open Timesheet or Less than 40 Hours per Week: (Available for timesheet reminders) The reminder notification is scheduled to be sent when the timesheet status is Open or when the timesheet has less than 40 hours logged.
Email Template: from the drop-down, pick an email template to attach to your reminder.
For information on how to build an email template, refer to "Configuring Email Templates."
- Recipients: Select the types of users you want to receive the notification. Select from various object stakeholders, such as owner, approver, or assignee.
- Click Save.
- Attach the reminder notification to a work item, as described in "Attaching Reminder Notifications."
When the condition is met on the item which has the Reminder Notification attached, an email notification is triggered to the user defined in the Reminder Notification.
For more information about receiving reminder notifications, see the "Receiving Reminder Notifications" section in "Receiving Email Notifications."