**DON'T DELETE, DRAFT OR HIDE THIS ARTICLE. IT IS LINKED TO THE PRODUCT, THROUGH THE CONTEXT SENSITIVE HELP LINKS. **
Exchange rates impact all financial elements in Workfront. The default currency is the default for all projects throughout the system, unless it is modified on a given project or report. For more information on how to modify exchange rates for a project, see "Changing the Default Currency for a Project." for more information on how to modify exchange rates for a report, see "Creating Financial Data Reports with Unique Exchange Rates."
As a system administrator, you can set up currency exchange rates in Workfront. This includes:
- Setting the default currency for the Workfront system
- Updating exchange rates in Workfront to match current exchange rates
- Configuring the exchange rates for multiple currencies (doing so enables users to choose a default currency for individual projects)
IMPORTANT: Exchange rates in Workfront are not dynamic; the value that you set must be updated when changes in exchange rates occur.
The way that you set up exchange rates affects whether users can modify exchange rates for a given project.
- Click Setup in the upper-right corner of the Workfront interface.
- Expand Project Preference, then click Exchange Rates.
- Click Add Currency.
- Begin typing the name of the currency, then click it when it appears in the drop-down list.
- In the provided field, specify the rate for the currency that you selected, as it relates to the currency that is set as the base currency in the system.
- (Optional) Set the currency as the base (default) currency for Workfront. This is the currency that is used as the default for all projects and reports throughout the system.
- Click Save to save your changes.
Users can modify the default currency for a project when the following conditions are met:
- The user has a Plan license with the administrative access to 'Exchange rates'
For more information, see "Administrator Access"
- More than one currency is enabled on the Workfront system (as described in"Setting Up Exchange Rates")
For information about how users can change the default currency on a given project, see "Changing the Default Currency for a Project."