Approval Settings determine the global settings for approval processes in Workfront. This article explains how to set up your organization's approval settings. These settings impact all approval processes in your system.
- Log in to Workfront as the System Administrator.
- Click Setup in the upper-right corner of the Workfront interface.
- Expand Processes, then click Approvals.
- Click Settings in the upper-right corner of the Approvals page.
- Specify the following information:
Add xx days to planned completion date to accommodate for approval processes: Specify the number of minutes, hours, days, weeks, or months to add time to the planned completion date of the task that needs approval. Select "Elapsed" minutes, hours, days, or weeks to add time that includes any weekends, holidays, and non-working hours that have been designated in the system work schedule calendar.
For example, if a task is assigned on Friday and has a duration of 3 elapsed days, the task completion date is set for Monday (assuming that Saturday and Sunday is a weekend). If the task has a duration of 3 days (not elapsed), the task completion date is set for Wednesday.
NOTE Enabling the addition of extra time to accommodate for approval on tasks will affect the timeline of the task and that of the project.
Approver not required to be on the project team (for approval processes that include a role): Select this option to require an approver to be on the project team when an approval process includes a role. When assigning the approval decision to a job role, only the users who have a role associated with them on the project will see the approval. For more information about editing user project roles, see the "Understanding the Team Builder Icons" section in "Working in the Team Builder."
Disable approval delegation: Select this option to disable the functionality for users in your system to delegate approvals to another user. When this option is selected, the option to delegate approvals is removed from Workfront, and any existing approval delegations are stopped.
For more information about delegating approvals in Workfront, see "Delegating Approval Requests" in "Managing Approvals."
Allow Editing the custom form when the project, task, or issue is in pending approval status: Select this option to configure projects, tasks, and issues to be edited when in the Pending Approval status.
When this option is selected:
- All approvers (and any other users who have access to edit the custom form) can make changes to the custom form when the object is pending approval, regardless of the current approval path or approval step.
- Changes that are made to the custom form during an approval process do not affect any approval decisions that were made prior to the change.
- Any changes made to the project, task, or issue are tracked in the same way, regardless of this setting.
For example, if you added custom form fields to be tracked on the update stream, any changes to the form are tracked on the update stream on the object.