Goals define the objectives of a project and can be set and tracked using the Business Case. Goals are used to communicate to the Project Manager the purpose of completing a project.
Consider the following when creating goals for your projects:
- Goals are project-specific. You cannot copy goals from one project to another, nor establish goals at the system level. They must be defined at the level of one project.
- Goals are not a mandatory section in the Business Case of a project.
A project can receive a score to be prioritized in the Portfolio Optimizer, even if the Goals section of the Business Case is not defined.
For more information about the Portfolio Optimizer score, see "Applying a Scorecard to a Project and Generating an Alignment Score."
- You cannot run a report for the goals of projects.
To add a goal to the Business Case of a project:
- Click Projects in the Global Navigation Bar.
- Click the project you want to view and click the Project Details tab.
- Click the Business Case sub-tab.
The Business Case is displayed.
- In the Goals section, click Edit Goals.
- Specify your goals.
- In the Importance drop-down menu, select the level of importance.
Select from the following levels of importance:
NOTE You cannot customize the Importance levels of goals.
- (Optional) To add another goal, click +Add Another Goal and repeat Step 5 and Step 6.
- Click Save.