You can remove users from a project either from the People tab or the Team Scheduling tab in the Staffing area.
The users listed in the Staffing tab of a project represent the project team.
For more information about the project team, see "Understanding the Project Team and 'Projects I'm On'."
For more information about scheduling resources for a project, see "Removing Users from a Project Team Using the Team Builder" in "Working in the Team Builder."
You need manage permissions for a project to remove users from a project.
- Understanding How Removing a User Affects Existing Tasks, Issues, and Projects
- Removing Users from a Project and Project Team
When a user is removed from a project, any tasks or issues assigned to them might be affected, depending on whether the task or issue was in an Active or Complete state when the user was removed:
- If the item is in an Active state when the user is removed: The item is re-assigned to a Job Role if a Job Role was already assigned. If the item did not have a Job Role assigned, you must manually re-assign the item.
- If the item is in a Complete state when the user is removed: The name of the removed user remains on the item.
- If the user removed is also the creator of a project, the project will not be removed from their Projects I'm On Tab. The project will be removed from the tab for all other users.
For more information about the relationship between the Staffing tab and the Projects I'm On tab, see "Understanding the Project Team and 'Projects I'm On'."
When you remove a user from the project, the user is also removed from the project team. Likewise, when you remove a user from the project team, the user is also removed from the project.
You can remove users from a project either from the People tab or the Team Scheduling tab.
- Removing Users from a Project from the People Tab
- Removing Users from a Project from the Team Scheduling Tab
- Navigate to the project where you want to remove the users.
- Click Staffing. This tab might be located under the More tab.
- Click People, then select the users you want to remove.
- Click Remove.
- Click Yes, Remove Selected Users to confirm removal.
- Navigate to the project where you want to remove users from the project team, then click the Staffing tab. (The Staffing tab might be located under the More menu.)
- Click the (x) icon next to the user who you want to remove from the project team.
Users can be removed from the project team only when no tasks or issues are assigned to the user.
This also links here - some information is duplicated between these 2 articles, so update both: https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/217301267-Understanding-the-Project-Team-and-Projects-I-m-On-