You can copy arather than create a new one from scratch.
You must have a Planner license, with Edit and Create access to Projects to be able to copy a project.
To copy a project:
- Navigate to the project that you want to copy.
- Click Project Actions, then click Copy.
- Specify a name for the project.
By default, the new name is Copy of <Original project name>.
- Select the Status of your new project. By default, the Status matches that of the original project.
- Some items attached to a project can be copied to the new project. You can select items what would be copied to the new project by default to not be copied.
NOTE The following items are never copied from an existing project to a new one:
- Billing Rates
Select any of the following options to remove them from the new project.
By default, all options are unselected:
- Assignments: Removes all the project and task assignments
- Progress: Removes the progress on all the tasks.
- Custom Data: Removes the information from the custom form on the project, as well as the information on the custom forms associated with the following items:
The custom forms will remain attached to the tasks, expenses, documents, and the project, but the information in the custom fields of the forms is not copied to the new project.
- Documents: Removes document versions and linked documents. By default, document proofs and approvals cannot be copied to another project.
- Financial Information: Removes the information on the Finance sub-tab of the project and financial information from all tasks.
For more information about the project Finance sub-tab, see "Understanding the Project Finance Sub-tab."
- Approval Process: Removes all approvals associated with the tasks or the project.
- Reminder Notifications: Removes the Reminder Notifications associated with the tasks or the project.
- Expenses: Removes expenses associated with the tasks or the project.
- Permissions: Removes permissions to all the users on the tasks or the project.
NOTE Permissions are removed from users who are assigned to the copied tasks, even if Clear Assignments is not selected.
- Select all: Select this option to select all the options above and clear all the fields and objects listed from the new project.
- Click Copy to create a copy of the project.
This creates a new project which is similar to the project you copied.
You can start making changes to your new copied project, like review task assignments or adjust timelines.