Users with access to create projects can copy arather than creating a new one from scratch.
While copying a project, not all documents or their information are copied to the new project.
Items included when copying a project with documents or document links attached:
- Document links to third-party services, such as Google Drive or SharePoint
Items not included when converting an issue with documents and document links attached:
- Document approvals
To copy a project:
- Navigate to the project that you want to copy.
- Click Project Actions, then click Copy Project.
- Specify a name for the project.
By default, the new name is Copy of Original project name.
- You can select either of the following options.
By default, both options are selected:
Retain user assignments on tasks and project: Select this option to carry all task and project assignments from the original project to the new project.
Retain Progress on Tasks: Select this option to carry all task progress from the original project to the new project.
- Click Save to create a copy of the project.
This creates a new project which is identical to the project you copied.
You can start making changes to your new copy of the project, like task assignments or timelines.