Predecessor tasks (or just predecessors) are used to link tasks dependent on other tasks. For example, you don't want to host a party (dependent task) before you send out the invitations (predecessor task). This overview will cover setting predecessors using the predecessor tab.
- Begin by navigating to a task, then select the Predecessor tab. It may be found in the More drop-down menu.
- Click on the +Add Predecessor button.
- Type in the name of the task to establish a relationship with.
- Set a dependency type.
- Set any optional lag times.
- Choose to enforce the dependency or leave it unenforced.
- Select Save when all settings are established.
Once the predecessor is created, it will display on the predecessors tab, Gantt chart, and task list displaying the relationship between this task and the designated task.