Must Start On (MSO) is a type of Task Constraint that schedules a task to start exactly at the time and date you specify in the Planned Start Date field.
To update the Task Constraint to Must Start On:
- Navigate to a task whose Task Constraint you want to update.
- Click Edit Task.
- In the Overview section, expand the Task Constraint drop-down menu.
- Select Must Start On.
- Specify a Planned Start Date.
The task must start by this date, and no later than this date.
- Click Save Changes.
The Must Start On (MSO) Task Constraint schedules a task to start exactly at the time and date you specify in the Planned Start Date field.
Consider the following when scheduling a task with a Must Start On constraint:
- Predecessor relationships do not force this task to reschedule. The predecessor relationship is essentially ignored.
- The task does show At Risk if predecessors begin to run behind or late.