Before you can associate a milestone with a task, the system administrator must first create a milestone path, as described in "Creating a Milestone Path."
You then need to associate the milestone path with the project and a specific task within the project:
- Navigate to a project and choose Edit Project.
- Using the Settings section, set the milestone path to be used on the project.
- Save the changes to the path.
- Navigate to a task and edit the task.
- Once a milestone path is associated with a project, tasks can be assigned a milestone. Only one milestone per task.
- Use Status icons to identify which tasks have milestones, or use Views like the Milestone to monitor project progress.
Keep in mind that in order to associate a milestone path with a project, the project must be in Planning or Current Status. You can only associate one task with a milestone.
To get the best overview of the progress of milestones in your projects using the Milestone view, parent tasks should be created for each major phase of your project and a milestone should be assigned to each of these parent tasks.