- Understanding Project Teams
- Adding Users to a Project Team
- Removing Users from a Project Team
- Understanding the Relationship between a Project Team and the Projects I'm On Tab
The project team is a group of users associated with a project.
Users listed under the Staffing tab of a project are the users who make up the project team.
For more information about understanding who appears on the Staffing tab of a project, see "Adding Users to a Project Team."
Depending on what system email notifications your system administrator enables, users on a project team are notified of various actions on a project. For more information about enabling email notifications, see "Enabling and Disabling Event Notifications."
IMPORTANT Ensure you keep the project team membership updated in order to avoid sending notifications to users who do not need information about a project.
To locate the project team of a project:
- Navigate to the Projects tab in the Global Navigation Bar.
- Click the Projects tab.
- Click the name of the project for which you want to see the project team.
- Click More, then click Staffing from the drop-down menu.
- Click the People sub-tab.
The names of the users on the project team are displayed.
You can add users to the project team in the following ways:
The users that fulfill the following roles on the project are automatically added to the project team when the project is created. The users appear on the Staffing tab of the project:
- The creator of the project.
- The project owner.
- The project sponsor.
Users are also automatically added to the project team when they are assigned to the following roles:
- Users assigned to tasks on the project.
- Users assigned to issues on the project.
- Users that are named as approvers for tasks, issues, or the project.
You can manually add users to a project team by using the Team Scheduling tab:
- Navigate to the project where you want to add users to the project team, then click the Staffing tab. (The Staffing tab might be located under the More menu.)
- Click the scheduling tab, then click Add Users.
The Add Users to Project Team dialog box is displayed.
- In the Add Users field, begin typing the name of the user you want to add to the project team, then click the name when it appears in the drop-down list.
Repeat this step to add multiple users to the project team.
- Click Add.
The users are now available in the Team Scheduling area.
For more information about using the Team Scheduling area, see "Getting Started with Resource Schedling."
When you remove users from their roles on the project, they remain part of the project team. To remove users from the project team, user the People sub-tab under Staffing on the project dashboard.
If you remove a user from the project team and the user is assigned to tasks or issues in the project, the user is unassigned from the tasks and issues and the tasks and issues are returned to the Unassigned area.
For more information about removing users from the project team, see "Removing Users from a Project."
If you are listed on the Staffing tab of a project as a member of the project team, the project is listed on your Projects I'm On tab, in the Projects area.
NOTE If you are the creator of a project, the project remains on your Projects I'm On tab, even if your name does not appear on the Staffing tab of the project, or if your name has been removed from the tab.
This also links here - some information is duplicated between these 2 articles, so update both: https://workfront.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/217238917