After you create an agile story, you can add subtasks to the story.
For information about how to manage the story after it is added to the iteration, see "Creating and Managing Agile Iterations."
- Navigate to the agile iteration where you want to create the story:
- Click People in the Global Navigation Bar.
- Click the Teams tab, then use the drop-down menu to select the team whose iterations you want to view.
- Click the Iterations tab, then click All Iterations.
By default, iterations are grouped by Current, Future, and Past.
- Click the name of the specific iteration where you want to create a story.
- Click the Stories tab.
- Click New Story.
- Specify the following information:
Story Name: Specify a name for the story.
Description: Specify a description for the story.
Ready: Select this option if the story is ready to be added to an iteration. When this option is selected, it indicates to users which stories in the backlog are ready to be added to an iteration.
A story can be added to an iteration whether or not it is marked Ready.
Estimate (points): Specify the estimate for the story. If your agile team is configured to estimate stories in points, then by default 1 point equals 8 hours. Estimates are added as Planned Hours on the story.
For example, if you estimate a story as 3 points, the default behavior is to add 24 Planned Hours to the story.
If a story contains subtasks, remember that the combined estimates for all subtasks determines the estimate of the parent story. For more information, see "Adding a Subtask to an Existing Story" in "Creating and Managing Agile Iterations."
Parent Project: Begin typing the name of the project that this story will be associated with.
By default, the story color is displayed as the same color as other stories from this project.
Parent Task: After you choose a parent project, you have the option to choose a parent task. When you select a parent task, the story is created as a subtask of the parent task on the project that you selected.
Begin typing the name of the parent task for the story, then click it when it appears in the drop-down list.
Custom Forms: Select any custom forms to add to the story.
- Click Save Story.
You can create a subtask to an agile story by using either of the following methods:
- By using the Subtasks tab, as described in "Creating Subtasks from the Task Details Page" in "Creating Subtasks."
- Directly from the story board, as described in "Creating and Managing Agile Iterations."