The purpose of the dashboard is to provide quick access to information. You can populate a dashboard with the following items in Workfront:
For more information about creating reports, see "Creating a Report."
For more information about creating calendars, see "Creating and Managing Calendars."
- External Pages
- For more information about creating external pages, see "Embedding External Web Pages to Dashboards.
After you create these items and you add them to a dashboard, you can edit the dashboard to add more items to it, remove existing items from it, or edit the dashboard information.
Any changes made to a dashboard will impact all users who have access to that dashboard.
When you share a dashboard with users, all the reports, calendars, and external pages are also shared with the same users.
To edit a dashboard:
- Navigate to the dashboard that you want to edit.
- Click Dashboard Actions.
- Click Edit.
- Consider editing the following fields:
- Name: Edit the name of the dashboard.
- Description: Specify a description for the dashboard.
- In the Available Reports & Calendars section, start typing the name of a report, calendar, or external page in the Search by name or type ... field, then drag and drop the report or calendar in the layout pane to the right.
NOTE When searching for an item, the search returns any of the 2,000 most recently created reports. Report names that include unicode characters are not returned in search results. As a best practice, avoid including unicode characters when naming objects in Workfront by typing names rather than copying and pasting names from another source.
- (Optional) Select a new layout for the dashboard by clicking a radio button corresponding to the layout you want.
- (Optional) Mouse over the name of an existing report and click the trash can icon to remove it from the dashboard.
- (Optional) Change the order of the reports on the dashboard by clicking the name of a report, dragging it, and dropping it in the desired spot in the layout pane.
- (Optional) Click Add External Page to add an External Page to the dashboard.
For more information about creating external pages and imbedding them into dashboards, see "Embedding External Web Pages to Dashboards."
- Click Save + Close.