In many types of Reports, due to objects' second-level hierarchy relationship, "Name" value is not displayed. Instead, Workfront shows only the "ID" of the object. When trying to get the "Name" to display in the view, a Text Mode edit is needed.
- Go to the Report
- Add the Column with "ID" value
- Switch to Text Mode>Click to edit text
- Replace all ID values with ":name" value > Save
- Replace valueformat=**** with valueformat=HTML
- Optional: set a display name for your column in "displayname=" line
- See an example below:
displayname= Owner Manager Name
*Click to enlarge the image
This article was written in reference to Views in Workfront, not necessarily Groupings. Using these same tips in regards to groupings will usually work, but with one main caveat. If a grouping is ever modified in text mode, the modification will break the chart views.
This will still work for default Groupings via textmode modification but without Charts applied to the Report. The change is NOT possible for Matrix type Reports.