You can track information, comments, and updates on a document and use it as an audit trail to retain historical information. Any action made on the document is recorded in the stream of this Updates tab.
- Click the document you want to update or comment on.
- Click the Updates tab located in the left side panel.
- In the Update Status field, enter a comment or update.
- If desired, click the People icon to tag others on the update. You can also check the Ask for Approval box. The tagged user receives a notification of the update and the approval request.
- Click Update.
- (Optional) Click Filter System Updates to see only user comments and updates and to hide the system updates.
System updates include removing assets, adding or deleting versions, attaching or removing an approval request, as well as any edits or changes made to the documents on the object.