You can track information, comments, and updates on a document and use it as an audit trail for historical information.
Any action made on the document is recorded on the Updates tab.
- Navigate to the documents area of a Workfront project, task, or issue.
To learn more about accessing documents in Workfront, see "Understanding the Documents Area."
- Click the document you want to update or comment on.
- Click the Updates tab located on the right side panel.
- Click on Start a new update, then enter your comment or update.
- (Optional) To identify a user who needs to be notified of the update, type the user's name in the Notify field, then select the name when it displays in the drop-down list.
- (Optional) To request approval for the document, select Ask for Approval.
The tagged user receives a notification of the update and a request for approval.
- (Optional) To allow only users in your company to view this update, enable the Private to my company.
- Click Update.
- (Optional) To show the system updates, enable Show Activity Log. For more information on system updates, see "Understanding System-Tracked Update Feeds."