You have several options to retrieve your historical data from Workfront
1. Use one of our Partners:
AtAppStore , an Workfront certified partner, has an easy to use app that allows you to download your data, and a viewer that allows you to easily read it in the database tables.
Pros : all your Workfront objects are exported, including the custom fields; the interface of the Viewer
is easy to use and read and it’s easily importable in a MS Access Database.
Cons : documents are not exported. You will have to download them separately
Cost : $999 for a one time run and $99 for a Viewer license.
2. Oracle dump file from our Database Team: your Account Executive can submit a request to our Database Team to retrieve a database dump file (.dmp Oracle file) with your data. An additional request will go to our AOS team to retrieve all of your stored documents
Pros : you will get your entire data load, including custom fields, as well as documents that are stored in the system.
- the database file is hard to read: there is no way you can read this file unless you upload it in an Oracle database and you re-establish the relationships between the tables.
- the docs are stored on a separate file server and must be extracted separately using a separate process by the AOS team. In doing so, there is no organization to the documents and they are all referenced by their GUID.
Cost : there is a cost associated with this download, depending on how long it takes the team to create the file. Check with your AE/ CAE.
3. Use one of our consultants to export the data through reports or kickstarts, or run these on your own: whether you have remote consulting hours or not, you can use one of our consultants to export your data in the form of reports or kickstarts, or you can run these reports yourself:
Pros : the reports are easy to read, excel, pdf or comma separated files that can be imported in a variety
of applications; they can be customized to include any groupings and views you’d like.
Cons : documents will have to be downloaded separately.
Cost : it is free if you can run the reports yourself (all you would need is a system admin login), or if you can use remaining remote consulting hours. If you are interested in purchasing remote consulting for this, please talk with your AE/CAE.
4. Use our open API for a free download: if you have the right resources in your
organization, they can build a custom API which would be able to retrieve all your data from Workfront:
Pros : you are in control of what exports from the system
Cons : the time is spent on your side, and you will have to find resources to code the API and perform the
Cost : internal to your organization.