To speed up the document review and approval process, you can save and export assets you create in the Creative Cloud to Workfront by using the Workfront for Adobe Creative Cloud extension.
The following sections describe how to download and install Workfront for Adobe Creative Cloud. For information about how to use the extension after it is installed, see "Using Workfront for Adobe Creative Cloud."
- Supported Applications
- Downloading and Configuring Workfront for Adobe Creative Cloud
- Ensuring Workfront for Adobe Creative Cloud Installed Successfully
The Workfront extension is supported for the 2017 and 2018 versions of the following Adobe Creative Cloud applications:
The extension is supported for both Adobe Cloud and desktop applications.
You can download and configure the Workfront for Adobe Creative Cloud extension in two ways. The way you select to download the extension depends on your version of the Adobe Creative Cloud, the versions of your supported applications, and the permissions you have to install extensions.
- Downloading Workfront for Adobe Creative Cloud from Adobe Exchange
- Downloading Workfront for Adobe Creative Cloud Manually
- Navigate to your Adobe Creative Cloud application.
- On the Creative Cloud tab, select Apps, and ensure that your apps are up to date.
- Click the more icon, then click Preferences.
- Click Creative Cloud, then click the Files tab.
- Ensure the Sync On/Off setting is enabled.
You must enable the the Creative Cloud Sync option to ensure that you can download the Workfront extension from Adobe Exchange and that it can be updated automatically when new versions are released.
- In a web browser, log in to your Adobe account, navigate to Adobe Exchange (https://www.adobeexchange.com/creativecloud.html), then locate the Search Marketplace box and search for Workfront.
- Click Workfront Extension.
- Next to the Workfront add-on, click Free to begin the installation process.
When the installation completes, restart your computer and Workfront for Adobe Creative Cloud should be added to your list of extensions on the supported applications.
To ensure the extension has been added to your applications, follow the steps described in "Ensuring Workfront for Adobe Creative Cloud Installed Successfully."
- Go to Adobe Exchange: https://www.adobeexchange.com/creativecloud.details.14393.html
- (Conditional) Click the Free link to continue with the installation as described in "Downloading the Workfront for Adobe Creative Cloud from Adobe Exchange."
If the extension is listed as Acquired, click Download/ Install another way, then follow the steps described in "Download/ Install this extension using an Extension Install Utility."
- After you complete the installation, restart your Adobe applications and follow the steps in "Ensuring the Extension Installed Successfully" to ensure the extension has been installed.
To verify the installation was successful:
- Open one of the following supported applications on your computer:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Expand Window, then Extensions to find the Workfront extension listed.
- Follow the steps in "Using Workfront for Adobe Creative Cloud" to continue using Workfront for Adobe Creative Cloud.
With 18.3 release - replace all screen shots.