The highlighted information on this page refers to functionality not yet generally available. It is available only in the Preview Sandbox environment.
You can designate up to 30 users as Resource Managers for an individual project or template. Designating Resource Managers on projects is a prerequisite to allowing users to perform resource management actions.
Resource Managers can perform the following actions:
- Resource scheduling actions on the project. For information about resource scheduling, see "Scheduling Resources".
- Resource planning actions in the Production environment using resource planning tools. For information about budgeting resources using resource planning tools, see "Planning in the Resource Planner."
Designating a Resource Planner for a project to allow them to perform resource planning actions is not a prerequisite in the Preview environment.
You can designate the following type of users as resource managers:
- Individual users with a Plan license.
You cannot define teams or groups as resource managers.
NOTE Resource Manager is not a Workfront role; it is a field available on a project or a template. You can view the Resource Manager field in the following ways:
- When building reports, as described in "Understanding Fields in Lists and Reports."
- When creating or customizing Views, as described in "Creating and Customizing Views"
You can add or remove Resource Managers by adding the Resource Manager field to a View, viewing it on a list of projects, and editing the Resource Manager field via in-line edit.
You can designate Resource Managers for projects or for project templates. When you designate Resource Managers on a project template, any users you designate as Resource Managers on the template automatically become Resource Managers on any projects that are created using that template.
IMPORTANT When you add a user as the Resource Manager of a project or a template, they automatically gain Manage permissions on the individual project and to projects created from the template.
- Do any of the following:
- To add Resource Managers to a single project, navigate to the project where you want to designate one or more resource managers, then click Edit Project.
- To add Resource Managers to multiple projects simultaneously, navigate to a list of projects, select the projects where you want to designate one or more resource managers, then click Edit.
Existing Resource Managers are not removed from the projects you are editing; any users you add in this way are added as Resources Managers on the project in addition to any existing Resource Managers.
- To add Resource Managers to a new project, begin creating a new project.
Repeat this step to add multiple resource managers for the project. Up to 30 resource managers can be designated for a given project.
- Click Projects in the Global Navigation Bar.
- Click the Projects tab.
- Click Templates.
- Do any of the following:
- To add Resource Managers to a single template, click the name of the template where you want to designate one or more Resource Managers, then click Edit Template.
- To add Resource Managers to multiple templates simultaneously, select the templates where you want to designate one or more Resource Managers, then click Edit.
Existing Resource Managers are not removed from the templates you are editing; any users you add in this way are added as Resources Managers on the template in addition to any existing Resource Managers.
- To add Resource Managers to a new template, click New Template.
- In the Overview section, click in the Resource Manager field.
- Begin typing the name of the user who you want to add as a resource manager for the template, then click the name when it appears in the list.
Repeat this step to add multiple resource managers to the template. Up to 30 resource managers can be designated for a given template.
- Click Save Changes.