The approval process is as follows:
- The administrator defines an approval process and applies the process to a task, project, or issue.
For information about how to define an approval process, see "Creating Approval Processes."
- The status of the object (task, project, or issue) is set to the pre-defined status that initiates the approval process. (This is defined during the approval creation process, as described in "Creating Approval Processes.")
For example, suppose that the approval process was created in such a way that the approval process starts when the status is changed to Complete. When the task is updated to Complete, the status is set to Complete - Pending Approval.
- The approval process launches.
- The designated approvers review and approve the work item.
For information about how to review work items that are awaiting your approval, see "Approving Work."
- The approval process completes after all steps of the approval have been approved.
If the approval is rejected at any point in the process, the status is either re-set to a pre-defined status, or an issue is created. (This is defined during the approval creation process, as described in "Creating Approval Processes.")