You can export the Gantt chart to PDF.
After exporting the Gantt chart to PDF, you print it or attach it to an email, to share it with other users.
To export the Gantt chart:
- Access the Gantt chart that you want to export to PDF, as described in "Accessing the Gantt Chart."
- Ensure that you have configured the Gantt chart to display the appropriate information before you export it.
You can configure the following information:
- Filters, Views, and Groupings as desired in the list of tasks.
Any Filters and Groupings that are selected in the list view are maintained when viewing the Gantt chart.
Views are reflected on the exported Gantt chart only within the list that is displayed next to the Gantt chart on the first page; Views are not displayed on the Gantt chart itself.
TIP To allow more room for the Gantt chart itself, apply a view that contains as few columns as possible.
For information about how Filters and Groupings affect what is displayed in the Gantt chart, see "Using Filters, Views, and Groupings on the Gantt Chart" in "Configuring How Information Is Displayed on the Gantt Chart."
- Configuration options on the Gantt chart. For example, you can enable milestones, dates, baselines, percent complete to appear on the Gantt chart.
For more information, see "Changing Configuration Options on the Gantt Chart" in "Configuring How Information Is Displayed on the Gantt Chart."
NOTE Assignments are not displayed on the Gantt chart when the Gantt chart is exported to PDF. When the Gantt chart is exported to PDF, assignments are displayed only in the list view.
- The time period that is displayed on the Gantt chart.
For more information, see "Changing the Time Period for Which Information Is Displayed" in "Configuring How Information Is Displayed on the Gantt Chart." (The way the time period is displayed in the export file depends on whether you select What I see or Multiple pages in a later step.)
If you do not select any tasks, all tasks are included in the exported PDF.
For example, if you are viewing the Gantt chart for a project that contains 50 tasks, but you want to display only 10 tasks on the exported Gantt chart, select the 10 tasks that you want to display.
The Export to PDF dialog box is displayed.
- What I see: Exports all tasks (including any subtasks) that are displayed on the screen prior to exporting. (This is not what is displayed in the Preview section; the Preview section contains only imitation data.)
Subtasks are included in the exported PDF even if the parent task is collapsed and the subtasks are not visible. To include only parent tasks, select the parent tasks you want to include and leave any subtasks unselected.
You can use the Zoom To drop-down menu or the slider tool to display only a portion of the Gantt chart, as described in "Configuring How Information Is Displayed on the Gantt Chart."
- Multiple pages: Exports the entire Gantt chart, even that which is not visible on the current screen.
You can use the Zoom To drop-down menu or the slider tool to determine how much information is displayed on each page, as described in "Configuring How Information Is Displayed on the Gantt Chart." Select a more granular option to display more pages to export, or select a less granular option to display fewer pages to export.
NOTE: If you need to export a Gantt chart that contains more than 250 items, apply a Filter to the list before viewing the Gantt chart so that fewer than 250 items or 250 pages are displayed. For information about how to apply a filter, see "Creating and Customizing Filters."
You cannot export the entire Gantt chart in the following circumstances:
- When it spans more than 250 pages.
- When it contains more than 250 items.
You can select Letter, Legal, Ledger, A3 (available only for some languages), or A4.
The pdf of the Gantt chart is created and downloaded to your computer.
Notice the legend at the bottom of the exported file. It explains only the options that you have enabled in your Gantt chart and that are available in your task list. For example, milestones are displayed in the legend only if you have at least one task associated with a milestone.