The highlighted information on this page refers to functionality not yet generally available. It is available only in the Preview Sandbox environment.
The Task List Gantt Chart and Project List Gantt Chart display information about projects and tasks.
- Accessing the Gantt Chart
- Viewing Tasks on the Critical Path
- Viewing Task Information in the Project List Gantt Chart
- Changing the Time Period for Which Information Is Displayed
- Using Filters, Views, and Groupings
- Configuring Display Options
You can access both the Task List Gantt Chart and Project List Gantt Chart from multiple areas within Workfront. For more information, see "Accessing the Gantt Chart."
In the Project List Gantt Chart, tasks that are not on the Critical Path display as light blue horizontal lines. Tasks that are on the Critical Path of a project display as red horizontal lines.
For more information about tasks on the Critical Path, see "Understanding the Critical Path."
You can view the task information for a project directly from the Project List. You cannot edit tasks from the Project List Gantt Chart.
To view task hierarchy for a project from the project list:
- Go to the Projects area in the Global Navigation Bar.
NOTE You can view task hierarchy only on project lists in the Projects tab.
- Click the Projects tab, then select one of the following subtabs:
- Projects I Own
- Projects I'm On
- All Projects
- Click the Gantt chart icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Click the Show Task List icon.
- In the project list to the left, click the drop-down arrow next to the name of the project to display any tasks under that project.
This displays task information on the Gantt chart.
- (Optional) Click the Print icon in the upper-right corner to export the Gantt chart.
NOTE The Project List Gantt Chart exports only projects. Task information is not included.
You can adjust the time period shown on the Gantt chart to display information on a granular level, or you can quickly navigate to a day, week, month, quarter, or year view:
- Hover over the timeline of the Gantt chart, then drag the zoom indicator from left to right to expand or contract the timeline.
- In the Gantt chart, click the time frame drop-down menu.
- Select a time frame from the following available options:
- Project: This option displays the timeline of the project displayed at the quarter level.
- All Projects: This option is available only in the Project List Gantt chart.
- (Optional) Select a more granular time frame, such as Week or Day, and click and drag the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the Gantt chart to move left to right on the timeline of the project.
A timeline snapshot of the Gantt displays to show the entire project.
- (Optional) Click anywhere inside the timeline snapshot to navigate to a specific point in the life of the project.
Drag the handles of the snapshot viewer to select a specific timeline range to display it in the main Gantt.
The Gantt chart is a visual representation of the information that is currently displayed in the task list. You can apply filters, views, and groupings to the objects listed in both Gantt charts.
Filters and groupings that you apply to the list are reflected on both the Project List and Task List Gantt charts and are also included when the Gantt charts are exported:
You can apply a Filter to the list in order to control the information that is displayed in the Gantt chart.
For information about applying a Filter, see "Creating and Customizing Filters."
Groupings that you apply to the list are reflected on the Gantt chart.
For information about applying a Grouping, see "Creating and Customizing Groupings."
Views are not reflected on the Gantt chart. However, when you export the Gantt chart (as described in "Exporting the Gantt Chart to PDF"), the task list is exported in addition to the Gantt chart, with the current View applied to the list.
You can choose what type of information displays in both Gantt charts. For more information, see "Configuring Display Information in the Gantt Chart."